Sunday, February 7, 2010

Temptations...

I have been very diligent with my food servings over the past week. I have made sure that I have been eating according to the Canada food Guide, getting my correct proportions and trying to ensure that I would have enough food to last my for the rest of the month. I attended a birthday party and ate no cake. I skipped the hot dogs and the beer. I went to a work event, and I skipped the canapes and the free alcohol. I survived all of my temptations. That was until tonight. I caved and ate candy. A whole bag.

I live with temptation surrounding me: cakes, sweets, various meats and soforth. Do the working poor have to deal with so many temptations? I would think so. Seeing people eating whatever they want, whenever they want with no repercussions or afterthoughts. And I empathize because I understand what it is like. Well, I can't say I fully understand because I have only done this for one month in the past, and one week now. But, I do understand to a degree.

Now I just feel guilty, because I feel like I have failed, but I think these challenges are just part in parcel with daily life; they will continue to happen, I have to be more aware and just not give in to the temptation. Lesson be learned I say.

Week two now begins.

breakfast: 2 servings oatmeal, 2 whole wheat buns with 2 tbsp peanut butter

lunch: soup (2 serving bok choy and 1 serving chicken) 2 whole wheat buns

dinner: 1 serving shepherds pie (4 vegetables, 1 serving meat) 2 servings barley, 2 cups milk

snack: 1 grapefuit, 1 kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment